With the government announcing the return to Stage 3 restrictions for the next 6 weeks you may be asking how this will impact tennis. Tennis has been identified as one of the sports that can continue however we will need to comply with strict restrictions.
Therefore the following restrictions will apply effective midnight 8th July 2020:
- Casual play – singles only – maximum two people per court. In order to comply with these restrictions, the club can ONLY offer the use of The Lakes, South Morang venue to members and members of the public. All members and members of the public can book these courts using the Book-A-Court system. The Mill Park Members padlock, has been removed from the member entry gate at Mill Park venue
- One to one tennis coaching is okay. This means private and semi-private lessons only (if players are from the same household). Group lessons and Squads are on hold for the first 6 weeks of term 3. For all coaching enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community competition must be cancelled until further notice. All planned senior and junior competition have been put on hold
- All other programmes and activity must cease until further notice
- Tennis equipment must not be shared
- Adhering to physical distancing (1.5m) and hygiene protocols is essential
- No one from outside a lockdown area may play at a facility within the lockdown area – and vice versa
- Details of everyone entering a tennis facility must be registered for tracking purposes. In order to comply, members and members of the public will only have access to South Morang courts via. the Book-A-Court systems to ensure we have a record of who is on site at all times.
- All indoor facilities must remain close including clubhouses/rooms
The Lakes South Morang venue will be monitored by Committee, Council and Police. Any breaches of restrictions and subsequent fines issued, will be the sole responsibility of individual court booking parties.
If you have any questions please submit all your enquiries via. our Contact page.
On behalf of the entire committee, we thank you all for your patience and understanding.